Saturday, May 25, 2013

# The Grateful Opportunity

Two days ago i've attended an interview for USM degree course: Grafik Komunikasi (Graphic Communication). Actually, i've applied two courses and another one is Lakonan & Pengarahan (Acting & Directing). The real date for interview was 12 May ago but there were things that cant be avoided on that date. So, i made an appeal letter with relevan reasons to Deputy Dean for giving me another chances to be interview. I prayed a lot and called them about the letter status. Then, my letter was seen by DD of Pusat Pengajian Seni (Art Faculty) and he called me to attending the interview. But he asked me which one my first choice and i gave my answer was graphic even i really love the second choice.

When i came to USM with abah, i didnt feel nervous but just feel happy to see with my own eyes the USM (Universiti Sains Malaysia). This university is a second old after Universiti Malaya and the only one who been honored as APEX University in Malaysia. Cool right? What APEX? Figure it out on USM website or Google. USM is a famous university in a field of research if i'm not mistaken. Well, i was there not because for research. USM actually good in art field and that's the point i choose USM besides this course i think have similarity to UiTM's graphic. But yeah i dont giving any highest hopes to be accepted. Honestly, i wont.


credit Google

At 9am, as i already knew and informed, i must undergo a drawing test. There included me, were 4 contestants all and me the only one a female. Cool! hahaha!! I sketched (yeah love it) the picture based on the objects given. Its something like i drew the object's potrait. After that, i waiting my turn. Then my name was called along with a one boy who is a polytechnic graduates (chatted while drawing test and waiting for interview). The interviewers seems cool and i look one of them must be a lecturer because he is so 'sempoi'. You know an artist or person who into an art always look like that. No protocol, no stress just relaxing questions & answers. I just gave my only portfolios; my wedding cards because all my portfolios when i was in diploma already gone (my lappy in heaven. RIP). While the boy's portfolios really impressive rather than me because he took animation when in poly. The sempoi interviewer (lol) praised me about my spirit to further my study with a title of Mrs. For me, whether you take full or part time study if you have the courages insyaAllah you can do it whatever circumstances will happen. InsyaAllah. Pray to Allah.

It was a short interview. I dont have an opportunity to interviewed for acting course but its okay. Maybe they just look for the first choice for this second interview. Abah was surprised it was a short and he even cant read his books (he brought along several books okay like he wanted to take an exam while waiting my interview). Hahaha!! I'm glad i can see USM environment and if i'm not selected i'm still grateful for this golden opportunities. I have another choice but its an IPTS but one of top ranking IPTS; MMU (Multimedia University). Why? Well, i think MMU is the best ipts especially in multimedia and oh yaa its near to my house (not really near lol) so i dont have to let my hubby missing me alot. cehh haha! Goodluck for me and people out there who same like me.

ok bai.

thrashing of loves,
Amytis Yahaya



2 comments:

Deana Amane said...

dear, klu u dpt USM, u kira mcm i pnye junior USM la kan..btw sape yg interview ari tu? how much i miss USM :(

Amytis Yahaya said...

^^ amy xingat la kak didi.. tp ada satu tu specky man.. gemalai sikit..baik jugak..

Labels

Angry (1) Anime (1) Annoying (6) Birthday (2) Cats (4) chilhood (1) Convocation (1) Country (1) disease (1) DIY (1) Drawing (2) Eid (1) Experiences (8) family (1) film (3) Food (2) Friendship (10) Grateful (2) Heartbroken (3) horror (1) Independence (2) Islam (5) Job (2) Life (16) Lone (4) love (14) Makan (2) Manga (1) martial arts (2) Memories (12) MJ (3) Money (1) Music (8) Passionate (7) Patriotisme (1) peace (3) Performing Art (9) Pets (3) Photography (2) poetry (7) Pressure (3) program tv (1) puppet (1) Ramadhan (1) Sad (4) soklan (1) Spiritual (5) Stress (1) theatre (9) Thinking (4) Wish (7) Worry (1) WWF (1)